How Do You Start A Beehive?
That is a good question for those that want to get into beekeeping.They don’t tell you this in school but it is actually called an apiary. Well, the group of beehives is called an apiary. Anyway, if have been paying attention to the scientific news, scientist are worried about the decline in bee populations. This is a real issue.
If you are lazy click here and get a Flow Hive. But I’ll talk about that later.
pollinator.org talks a lot about the numbers involving bee populations. It is a good read to get a pulse on these things.
Did you know you can help?
You might be asking “why does that matter they will only sting me”. It just so turns out that bees have a huge influence on plant pollination. Now, what you should have learned in school is that without plants animals won’t survive. So, this is very important.
So this is why I am talking about building a beehive. You have a couple of options. I guess you could just buy them instead of building…lol. The frames for the honeycomb itself will be the hardest. But for the box itself, you really would have to make it would be like a filing cabinet.
I have not given any specifics because there really are none. In the wild bees would make hives out of a hollowed out tree. They just need somewhere to store their honey. I know this is pretty lackluster but it really is just a box with enough support to have the bee create the honeycomb and they need a way in and out.
Here is the thing bee might not just come to your door. You will have to buy them. I found a good resource for this though. You are really only as smart as your resources. You might hear me say that a lot.
I found a good article on wiki how. This will tell you step by step how to find bees.
Starting To Build
Everything is pretty easy to make though. You can get plans to make something even better than this with $27 plans from Nick Winters.
You might be wondering what this is. Well, Nick Winters a Bee Keeper that has made it easy to build your own hive.
- He provides Step-by-step instructions
- Easy to Understand diagrams
- If you can cut a board and hammer a nail you can build a beehive
If reading instructions aren’t your thing he has also provided it in video format. And when you are ready to start building put the guide on your iPad and start swinging.
If you are on my site most likely you are already good with your hands and want more to do with them. This is a great project for kids too. It might even make a good science fair project. but if you really want to be lazy…
Just Buy A Flow Hive!!!
And if you really insist on having one but don’t want to build it, you can get it pre-built too. And really you probably can’t make one as nice as this. This one is made by Flow. They have been around for a few years now.
Click this link Flow Hive
Here are some of the features:
- EASILY EXTRACT HONEY WITHOUT HARMING BEES: The Original Flow Hive was developed out of the desire to help Bee Keepers easily extract honey from hives without harming bees. Our easy flow process reduces the chances of getting stung (we still recommend a bee suit) and makes the process a lot easier for the Bees and the Beekeeper. Simply insert the flow key into the frame and turn it 90 degrees to allow honey to effortlessly flow from the hive into your honey jar to enjoy pure honey in minutes
- SUITABLE FOR BEGINNER & EXPERIENCED BEEKEEPERS: Flow Hives are perfect for beginner and expert beekeepers alike. Bee Keeping is an art and knowledge of how to properly care or bees is still needed, but the Flow system makes collecting honey fun and easy for beginning and advanced beekeepers. Flow Hives make the art of Beekeeping and collecting honey stress free and enjoyable.
- THE ORIGINAL PATENTED FLOW HIVE TECHNOLOGY: Our founders created the Flow Hive technology after over a decade of research and prototypes and we are the Original Flow Hive Company. Our Flow Hives have been perfected down to a science and our Flow Hive is the number one and only legal Flow Hive in the United States. Get Flow Hives so that you have the assurance of quality from the original creators of this amazing technology.
- MADE WITH HIGH QUALITY MATERIALS & CONSTRUCTION: Flow Hives are made in the USA and Australia with high-quality BPA free and BPS free food grade plastic so that bees will stay healthy and their honey will be pure and toxin free. We use premium Western Red Cedar to construct our super sturdy and durable wooden Bee Hive Houses. Our hives also have a super flow integrated pest management screened bottom board, observation windows, and an attractive, sturdy gabled roof.
- CUSTOMER SATISFACTION GUARANTEED: We invented the Flow Hive Technology so we know that our hives are the best and highest quality Flow Hives on the market, and we know that you will love yours! Once you purchase your Flow Hive, you will be invited to our exclusive Flow Community where we have a swarm of resources to help you on your Beekeeping Journey. In addition, if you have any questions or concerns, please contact us and we will do our best to support you on your Beekeeping journey.
Now you have no excuse to start beekeeping and to have a hive in your backyard.
So this is how to make honey.
After we have saved the world with giving the bees place to live and thrive we get a reward. Our reward is learning how to make honey. Well at least how to harvest it and be able to put it on our favorite biscuits. So are you ready to do this?
Get you hands dirty and save the world. This can also be turned in to a business. Not everyone wants to learn how to make honey. But you know people love local honey. Next time you go to the farmers market you will see someone selling honey for outrageous prices.
And you will be asking yourself why didn’t I just learn how to make honey myself. There are also health benefits to knowing how to make honey. Seriously just a spoonful a day may help with allergens it will build up through gradual exposure to the local allergens.
Great if you are new to an area.
Well, now you can build you own beehive, learn how to make honey, and live a sweeter healthier life. I promise ti will be worth it.
Also check out the rest of the site here Johnsonhobby.com